Lash Tinting has been gaining popularity over the last few years and can yield amazing results. One of the key benefits of lash tinting includes darker more visible lashes without the need or use of mascara.
Understandably, there is some apprehension regarding lash tinting due to the delicate nature of the eye area. Your eyes are nothing to play with and it is important to enter a treatment fully confident in your artists’ ability. So to put you at ease and help you make an informed decision, I have outlined the ten steps we take here at Lashes by Tandi to deliver the perfect lash tint to all of our clients!
Lashes by Tandi's Ten Step Lash Tinting Process
1. First you will fill out a full consultation to rule out any possible contraindications. Once confirmed, together we will decide on a color. (For lash tinting deep black is usually the best choice.)
2. Next you will be instructed to lie down on the table where your eyelashes will be cleansed to remove any dirt, oil & makeup. (Recommended to avoid mascara for 24 hours prior to treatment.)
3. After lashes are dried, barrier cream is applied to the lash lid and under eye area. (Barrier cream protects the skin from staining.)
4. A collagen infused eye pad is applied to the under eye area below the lower lashes to guarantee that bottom lashes will be tinted as well.
5. You will then be instructed to close your eyes and will be checked for comfort, as you will keep your eye closed for the remainder of the treatment.
6. Your artist will then mix the tint color with the developer to a thick consistency.
7. The tint mixture is then applied to your eyelashes carefully and thoroughly on both eyes and left to process for ten minutes.
8. After ten minutes, the excess tint is removed followed by the collagen infused eye pads. With your eyes still closed, your lash artist will thoroughly water rinse your eyes and lashes to ensure complete removal of the tint.
9. Finally, your lashes are dried, separated, and fluffed with a mascara wand.
10. Enjoy beautiful dark lashes for up to 4 weeks!