|The Eyes Have One Language Everywhere|
So you have these gorgeous lashes and now it's up to you to take care of them until we meet again. Home after care is extremely important to the longevity of your lash extensions. Please read and follow the guidelines below:
- Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after the application.
- No gym, facial steaming, sauna, or hot showers for 24-48 hours.
- Do let skin care providers know about your Eyelash Extensions and to use caution when using steam, acid/peels, laser or hydroxyl treatments.
- Airbrush tanning should be done 24-hours prior to your eyelash appointment.
- After 24 hours, wash your face before or after the shower. Though it is now safe to get your lashes wet, avoid heavy pressured water from hitting your lashes.
- Clean your lashes every night with an oil-free makeup remover/cleanser, especially if you wear makeup and/or have oily skin/hair. Rinse with water. If you do no not wear makeup and have normal to dry skin you may clean your lashes every other day.
- Allow your lashes to air dry or dry with a hair dryer on low cool (never hot) from a safe distance from your face. Avoid cotton fabrics/ cotton swabs as they tend to snag and pull the lashes.
- After drying, brush your lashes each morning with a clean mascara wand to keep them neat and fluffy.
- Avoid oil based creams and oils around the eye area and lashes. Oily products will break down the adhesive bond and cause premature shedding.
- Avoid sleeping on your face, as this will crush the lashes and cause premature shedding. When possible, sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase to avoid snagging your lashes.
- Do schedule your refills every 2-3 weeks to keep your lashes looking fresh and full. When you wake up in the morning, you may find one or two on your pillow with your natural lash attached. Do not be alarmed, this is the result of the natural shedding process. In fact, it is normal to lose anywhere from 2-5 natural lashes per day.
- Avoid mascara, but if you must, make sure it is a water-based product and apply it only to the tips of the eyelash extensions. No waterproof products should be used on the lashes or lash line.
Do not use an eyelash curler on the extensions; it will break the adhesive bond and may snap the lashes. If you wish for a curlier lash, inform your lash artist at the next appointment.
- Most importantly, be gentle with your lashes and avoid excessive eye rubbing. Do not pull or pick your new lashes.
- You can enjoy these eyelashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Provided you follow the simple after care instructions and are not excessively exposed to heat or moisture, they will last through your natural lash cycle and fall off with the natural lash, not before. You can swim, shower and spa as usual so long as these activities are not engaged in excessively. (Please do not swim or spa for 48-hours after the procedure to allow the adhesive to fully bond.)